It was just one of those mornings that makes you want to get out of bed and enjoy the day, which I did. Untiiiiiillll... I decided to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" right before I went to bed. As a result, the great day I was having ended with a night full of borderline nightmares. Not a good movie to watch if you want to have nice comforting thoughts for sleep. I should have known better. I know that global warming is something we are all taught and we're all aware of but I think most of us are guilty of pushing it somewhere in the back of our heads so that we don't have to think about it on a daily basis. Or maybe we ignore it because we think there's nothing we can do about it. Or maybe we think that everything is fine as long as we recycle or ride our bikes instead of drive a car every once in a while, I don't know. All I know is that last night I was reminded of exactly how poor of shape this planet is in (makes the thought of bringing another life into this world a little scary). This is an issue that is often tossed aside or overlooked in our society which is just sad, especially because solutions to the problem do exist. What's even more disturbing is that there are world leaders, politicians, corporations, religious groups, and people in general who still claim global warming is a hoax or who downplay the reality of the situation, simply because it gets in the way of their own agendas. I guess that's kind of like saying the holocaust never happened. Hence the title of the movie, Inconvenient Truth. Again, it's not like any of this is news to me, the film just happened to serve as a strong reminder. So instead of letting myself get all worked up, depressed, or whatever, I hope to pay even more attention to how my own decisions and actions impact the environment around me. I drive a Ford Escape, yikes. Don't worry, I'm not going to go chain myself to a tree or anything like that but we all need to start somewhere and be more aware. Afterall, I would like my own children and grandchildren to be able to wake up to scenes like the one I did yesterday.
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Had Trouble Sleeping
This is what I woke up to yesterday morning. I know the telephone poles are a bit of an eyesore but not a bad view right?
It was just one of those mornings that makes you want to get out of bed and enjoy the day, which I did. Untiiiiiillll... I decided to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" right before I went to bed. As a result, the great day I was having ended with a night full of borderline nightmares. Not a good movie to watch if you want to have nice comforting thoughts for sleep. I should have known better. I know that global warming is something we are all taught and we're all aware of but I think most of us are guilty of pushing it somewhere in the back of our heads so that we don't have to think about it on a daily basis. Or maybe we ignore it because we think there's nothing we can do about it. Or maybe we think that everything is fine as long as we recycle or ride our bikes instead of drive a car every once in a while, I don't know. All I know is that last night I was reminded of exactly how poor of shape this planet is in (makes the thought of bringing another life into this world a little scary). This is an issue that is often tossed aside or overlooked in our society which is just sad, especially because solutions to the problem do exist. What's even more disturbing is that there are world leaders, politicians, corporations, religious groups, and people in general who still claim global warming is a hoax or who downplay the reality of the situation, simply because it gets in the way of their own agendas. I guess that's kind of like saying the holocaust never happened. Hence the title of the movie, Inconvenient Truth. Again, it's not like any of this is news to me, the film just happened to serve as a strong reminder. So instead of letting myself get all worked up, depressed, or whatever, I hope to pay even more attention to how my own decisions and actions impact the environment around me. I drive a Ford Escape, yikes. Don't worry, I'm not going to go chain myself to a tree or anything like that but we all need to start somewhere and be more aware. Afterall, I would like my own children and grandchildren to be able to wake up to scenes like the one I did yesterday.
It was just one of those mornings that makes you want to get out of bed and enjoy the day, which I did. Untiiiiiillll... I decided to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" right before I went to bed. As a result, the great day I was having ended with a night full of borderline nightmares. Not a good movie to watch if you want to have nice comforting thoughts for sleep. I should have known better. I know that global warming is something we are all taught and we're all aware of but I think most of us are guilty of pushing it somewhere in the back of our heads so that we don't have to think about it on a daily basis. Or maybe we ignore it because we think there's nothing we can do about it. Or maybe we think that everything is fine as long as we recycle or ride our bikes instead of drive a car every once in a while, I don't know. All I know is that last night I was reminded of exactly how poor of shape this planet is in (makes the thought of bringing another life into this world a little scary). This is an issue that is often tossed aside or overlooked in our society which is just sad, especially because solutions to the problem do exist. What's even more disturbing is that there are world leaders, politicians, corporations, religious groups, and people in general who still claim global warming is a hoax or who downplay the reality of the situation, simply because it gets in the way of their own agendas. I guess that's kind of like saying the holocaust never happened. Hence the title of the movie, Inconvenient Truth. Again, it's not like any of this is news to me, the film just happened to serve as a strong reminder. So instead of letting myself get all worked up, depressed, or whatever, I hope to pay even more attention to how my own decisions and actions impact the environment around me. I drive a Ford Escape, yikes. Don't worry, I'm not going to go chain myself to a tree or anything like that but we all need to start somewhere and be more aware. Afterall, I would like my own children and grandchildren to be able to wake up to scenes like the one I did yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment