
So today is the beginning of the 40 days of Lent. Not that I've ever taken part in this observance before but I thought about
maybe giving something up this year. I don't know, like icecream or something. This might not seem like a hard thing to give up for most people but let me tell you, it would be quite the personal challenge for me right now. Especially since I've been recently introduced to Oreo Klondike bars.
Then, after considering it for about a brief second I thought this might not be such a good idea. I mean, I've already given up quite a few things for a lot longer than 40 days that I will continue to give up for the next 40 as well... alcohol, sushi, hot tubs, cute clothes, and traveling. Speaking of traveling, this is the time of year when I'm usually looking forward to some kind of vacation coming up. Somewhere warm where I can wear flip flops of course. This year I have to settle for wearing the flops in the comfort of my own home, with the heater on, where I can pretend like it's summer time. At least I now have pretty toes (thanks to Carole who scheduled us pedicures yesterday). I'm not too bummed about putting traveling on hold this year because obviously there are much better things to look forward to this Spring. Anyway, here's a quick tribute to some past Spring getaways...


Where can I get a shirt like the one behind us?


No comments:
Post a Comment