Friday, March 09, 2007

My Super Not So Fun Spring Break

Don't be jealous of my glamour shot over there.

So a couple of blog posts ago I mentioned that I won't be doing any traveling this Spring. Well I take that back because I got to spend a whole week in Reno. Woo Hoo! Here's the quick breakdown of what happened... Last Friday night I had a placenta rupture, lost A LOT of blood, got rushed to the hospital where they then sent me in a helicopter to the hospital in Reno to spend 5 days of being drugged and hooked up to tubes, iv's, and all that fun stuff. It was a miserable experience but most importantly the baby is going to be fine. She just needs to bake for at least a few more weeks. Originally I was told that I would be in there for 3-4 weeks but the doctors decided to send me home early. Unfortunately I'll be on bedrest for a long while, but at least I feel like I'm out of jail and I have all the comforts of home. Josh even bought me a sparkly tiara so you can now refer to me as Princess Bedrest.

It's going to take a whole lot of self discipline to stay put. If you know me at all, you know I don't sit still much. Even right now as I'm typing I want to get up and clean something. Hopefully I can get used to being a sloth because I DO NOT want to go back to the hospital. Apparently there's a 50% chance that the same thing could happen again. Arrggghhhh.

Here's a few little things I was reminded of while laying in a hospital bed for a week...
1. I will never ever ever take a shower for granted.
2. I will never ever ever take the ability to go to the bathroom on my own for granted.
3. Our bodies are just as fragile as they are strong. It's amazing what we can go through, how we heal ourselves, and how we can adjust to make it through certain situations.
4. I can't stand Martha Stewart's voice. I know she's all talented and creative and makes some pretty kick ass stuff, but I have no idea how anyone can handle listening to her dull, monotone, no personality voice for a full hour on her television show.
5. Things could be worse. I could have shaved my head and attacked cars with umbrellas like Miss Spears.
5. Josh and I have a HUGE support system of family and friends. This whole thing has been so much easier for us to deal with just knowing that there are so many people who care and who are willing to do anything they can to help. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments: