Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Love You Beach.

Can you spot a baby in this picture?


Aubrey is in training to be a professional tanner even though she still has to hang out in the shade until she's a little older. Not a bad place to grow up huh? She better get used to spending a good chunk of her time out on the beach because, well, that's what her mom likes to do. I'm so glad we live in the type of place that some people only see in postcards. I want to raise a child who appreciates the outdoors and not an X Box. Speaking of video games, I hate the idea of those stupid Wii sports games. I mean if you want to play tennis then get off your lazy bum and go play tennis. Don't just stand in front of a screen all day and move your arm. Sorry if I've offended any Wii players. It just seems a little ridiculous to me. Ok back to the beach thing, Vanessa and I had a little accident at Pope Beach on Monday. You know, just happened to lock Aubrey in the car with it running. At least the air conditioning was on full blast and Josh came quickly with the spare key. But here's the best part... we had called the Sherrif's Dept. as back up to help break into the car just in case Josh couldn't find the spare or whatever. So some asshole at the Tribune who has nothing better to do than listen to the police scanner heard what was going on and decided to write an article in the paper the next day about our unfortunate little event. The article titled "Infant Locked In Truck", on the second page mind you, made it sound like I had left her in the car and someone reported it to the police. I don't think I've ever been that pissed at someone I don't know. At least they didn't print my name- just described my car and said that I live in Meyers. Apparently there's nothing else to write about in Tahoe so this jerk had to turn such a minor little accident into a newspaper headline. The author of the article and his editor later received a letter from the not so happy mother. I guess that's about all I could do. I guess it is pretty funny looking back on it and at least I have a ridiculous article for her baby book.

Here's another pic of my new beach buddy and one of Tara who has stood by my side as a tan camp partner for the past 15 years. I wanted to post a cute shot of Vanessa and Aubrey (before the car incident) but I thought V might get mad if I put her on my blog in her bathing suit, even though she's training for a triathalon and looks great.







1 comment:

Jaime said...

I've been hearing from lots of people that this is not so uncommon. Makes me feel better. Here's what my Aunt had to say about it...
"I love you story about the car incident. Ask Lisa if she remembers locking Sean in the car at Costco. At least you had the air going, we did have to call the fire department and they had to break a window out to get him. I thought breaking into cars was supposed to be easy but even they couldn’t. Oh well at least one benefit of living in a large town is the paper has too much to do to write such trivial news."