So my mom and I have recently discovered the wonders of the flea market. We've been going every Sunday morning for the past few weeks now and LOVE it. It's amazing what you can find for dirt cheap. 2 of my favorite recent finds are shown below. I bought the wood table for the corner of our bathroom for $7.00 and painted it white. I purchased the 2 fairy prints for Aubrey's room, which came matted and framed for $5.00 (also painted the frames white- they were a not so attractive Oak before).
Well yesterday's flea market excursion was sadly interrupted when we heared a few people start screaming and yelling "Heads Up!" only to look up right as a plane crashed about 200 yards away in the meadow across the street from us. I had the baby with me so I stayed as far away as I could while other people ran to help the passengers. There were two people on board, one died at the scene and the other one was airlifted out. I think she's still alive but I'm not sure. The plane had managed to clear some of the homes along the path it was flying and then I think the pilot dove it down to avoid crashing into the area where we all were. So that was our morning yesterday- pretty frightening stuff. I think I'll stay out of small planes like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment