Thursday, September 20, 2007

Goodbye Tourist Friends

On Monday I had 2 hours of solitude at Baldwin Beach. Yes solitude, all by my lonesome, no one else in sight. I left the little one at home with Josh so this was the first time all summer that all I needed was a beach towel and a book. No diaper bag, baby beach tent, sun umbrella or all the other stuff I usually haul with me. I'm pretty sure it was the best alone time I've had in a LONG time. As anyone from Tahoe knows, when Labor Day has come and gone we have our nice quiet town back (at least until the holidays when the ski resorts are open and our streets are once again filled with idiot drivers). But for now the tourists are gone, the traffic has died down, there's no more hour long waits at restaurants, there's no fighting for parking spots at the beach and no getting upset at those not so bright out of towners for feeding the geese. So on Monday I had my favorite beach, which is usually smothered with people, literally all to myself. The only other creature around was this little duck that hung out by me while I enjoyed a book. She was quite the poser for my cell phone camera. Oh and in sad news today, just 3 days after this beautiful beach day, I woke up to a light layer of snow in the yard. NOT so happy about that. Hopefully this weather passes QUICK because I would like to take in at least one more of these days.

1 comment:

carole said...

Good for you! I'm happy to hear that you're getting some Jaime time. Being a mom is fun, but it's also nice to be yourself once in a while, too. I know it sound cliche, but if you can take care of yourself, that makes you a better caretaker for others. Let me know if I can ever help you out with that!