The final destination was Bakersfield, where Aubrey got to meet and hang out with even more relatives for a few days. Thanksgiving was fabulous and yes I got those deviled eggs I was talkin' bout. I was in bed asleep by 8:15 Thanksgiving night in preparation for Black Friday shopping.
So yes, the girls followed our family tradition and once again I was up at 4:30 am ready to hit the stores. We're firm believers that there should be no men or children allowed on Black Friday so they all hang out at home and eat leftovers all day. Not that they'd want to go anyways. The picture of cousin Lisa below was taken at about 5:50 am just before Target opened. Luckily there was only a small line of about 1,000 people that wrapped around the entire shopping complex ;) After racing and pushing our way to the electronics department the scene kind of got intense. Without getting into the whole story I'll just say that it involved doing cheerleading stunts to reach items on top shelves, getting yelled at by security guards, people grabbing things out of other people's hands and calling a total stranger a biiaatch (believe me- she deserved it and she's lucky that's all I did). Fun times. Then we met my mom and aunties at the mall at about 6:30 and finished shopping by 9:30 am.

After a long morning of shopping Lisa and I decided we deserved a nice little cocktail at her favorite Bako bar- The Silver Fox. Talk about a classy place! Just check out the random old wasted dude in the background trying to wave for the picture.

And one more picture of Aubrey chilling with Taco the Sea Turtle getting ready to head home. Can't wait for the next road trip. Maybe up North this time?
1 comment:
It was so nice to see you and Josh in my neck of the woods (well these days anyways). I'm glad to know that time can heal all wounds and that we are both ready to put things behind us, because I really missed you! I can't wait to make a trip up to Tahoe and meet Aubrey. She's such a doll. Anyways, take care until then. :)
Post a Comment