Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Baby Notes

Here's some Aubrey updates for y'all. At her 9 month check up her doctor told us she was the size of an average 15-16 month old (in terms of length) and about the size of a 12 month old (in weight). So while I always thought she was a little on the chunky monkey side, he seemed to think she was "slender". Seriously, how did I produce a tall "slender" child? Anyways, I've now retired all pants that said 12-18 months cause they were fitting her more like high waters and we all know that's a big fashion no no.

She's also learning how to be well um... a little dramatic at times. Notice exhibit A below with the hand movement and serious eyes that say "OMG I almost starved to death until you gave me this bottle!".


Oh and she's had a handful of teeth on the bottom for a while now with no top teeth at all. BUT as of a few days ago a top tooth finally broke through. This picture cracks me up... check out that goofy little mouth.

As for crawling, she's SOOOOO close. She's got the backwards crawl down pat but still has a little trouble moving forward. I kind of feel lucky that at almost ten months I can still put her down in a room and know that she can't go too far. You always hear stories from parents who's kids crawled at 5 months or walked at 9 months. I say "that sucks for you". Here she is super excited about the idea of crawling through her tunnel. Oh and really doctor? You call that belly slender? It's so squeezable, I love it.

I guess one of these days she'll figure out how to get through the tunnel and not around it ;) Oh and notice the high water pants that I'm talkin' bout. Those are supposed to fit babies 18-24 months. Um, yeah whatever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how in the first picture she's jammed the bottle so hard into her mouth that her upper lips is pushing up on her nose. Way cute.

carole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carole said...

Oh, it did suck for me...Danny walked at 10 1/2 months. And, as I'm sure you've noticed, has not stopped since! I am glad you are in no hurry for her to be mobile, you smart mommy, you! Sometimes those who wish ought to be careful what they wish for! She's just a little doll, I have got to habg out with you guys more.