Sunday, April 06, 2008

A Weekend With The Girls (+ Arnie & Eddie)

Well I did it... I spent my first weekend away from Aubrey. It was a little strange because I kept feeling like I was forgetting something (you know like a baby). I was definitely due for a little getaway though and couldn't have had a better time hanging out on Tara's patio, eating way too much cheese and crackers, drinking champagne and strolling the beach with the girls.



Arnie seems to be loving his new retirement home by the beach and there are plenty of garden gnomes to keep him company during his days of basking in the sun.

As for the concert, Tara and I were in the 7th row and it was fan freakin' tastic (can't even describe it in words). Thanks Eddie! Fawne and Vanessa were also able to score tickets just about an hour before it started simply because we were in the right place at the right time. Here's the setlist thanks to the wonderful world of Google:
Walking the Cow / Around the Bend / I Am Mine / Dead Man Walking / I’m Open / Man of the Hour / Setting Forth / Far Behind / Rise / No Ceiling / Guaranteed / Millworker (James Taylor cover) / Broken Hearted / Goodbye / You’re True / I Used to Work in Chicago / Drifting / You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away (Beatles, of course) / Trouble (Cat Stevens) / Forever Young (Bob Dylan) / Porch // Happy Birthday (dedicated to Mike McCready) / Society / Lukin / No More / Vocal loop experiment // Pullin’ Into Santa Cruz / Hard Sun
Doesn't get much better than that. I'm a happy girl.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a fun little reunion weekend. I am sorry I missed it, my mom was in town. Let's try to all get together this summer:)

carole said...

I'm glad you had a good time. You deserve it! In the words of a good friend of mine, "You can't go wrong with cheese, carbs and booze"

Jaime said...

Arrggghh. How annoying! That "Adam Brown" comment up there is spam but not to worry, I've changed the settings on my comments so I can reject those from now on.

Anonymous said...

My hubby drew your name for my prize drawing giveaway. Fun Fun Fun!! Can you please email me your address so I can get this stuff sent over to ya. Feel free to post about it on your blog!! Also do you mind if I still a pic of you to post on my blog as the winner?
My email... rileyandnorah@gmail.com
blogs...
luvsandlife.blogspot.com bonnielouvintage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good time.

yes let's hook up! do you want to stay a night here and break up the trip? i think it's exactly half way...

(that was you that said you're going to colorado, right? otherwise ignore)