Thursday, May 29, 2008

Daily Battle

I've been blessed with a child who sleeps through the night with no problems. I've paid for it, however, with a child who fights naps like you wouldn't believe. A typical nap lasts about 20 minutes tops which gives me about NO time get anything done. Here's the process of trying to get her down for a nap...

Usually I rock her for a couple of minutes til she passes out.
I put her in her crib and everything seems fine- she's still asleep.
I leave the room and 45 seconds later she's screaming.
I go back into her room and find her like this...


Nice sad face huh? That's just the beginning of the meltdown. She then freaks out for a good long time. Sometimes I try to leave her alone til she falls asleep but other times I feel too mean doing that so I give in and pick her up. On a good day she'll finally surrender...

That's her right now. PLEASE let it last longer than 20 minutes.

I just ordered blackout curtains for her room 2 minutes ago. Hopefully those will help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hoody rules!

carole said...

I'd love to give you advice on the whole sleeping thing, but Danny never did that! Now he's in kindergarten, we are able to get him down at a reasonable hour. Good luck with that and let me know if you just need to talk!