Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey Dinner At Our House

So we hosted our first Thanksgiving for 17 friends and family members . Don't worry, I didn't attempt to cook a turkey or anything. Everyone else did most of the cooking/ baking and just brought the food over. That worked for me.




That tiny girl managed to eat more than I've ever eaten at a Thanksgiving dinner. We paid for it at about 3:00 in the morning when she woke up screaming with belly pains. I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't a good idea to give her turkey, ham, Sprite, a million bread rolls and cheesecake.
The girls in the family managed to power through another Black Friday although this year we didn't leave until 7:30 am instead of the usual 5:00 am. I think I prefer the extra 2 hours of sleep before battling the crazies in the stores. Actually the crowds weren't that bad this year, I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that pretty much everyone has NO money. But as far as I'm concerned Black Friday called for using the "emergency" credit card funds- I mean I had to help Santa and that's what it's for right?
I hope everyone had a nice holiday. Time to decorate for Christmas :)

No comments: