Monday, November 10, 2008

A Week In Bako

Cousin Lisa and I decided we needed to take some time "off the hill" so we packed up the car (after spending $3780.00 to replace a new transmission, etc...) and headed to Bakersfield for 6 fun-filled days. By fun-filled days I mean lots of time spent laying around with the Twomey family in our pajamas and eating lots of food. It was perfect.

Our trip had some minor setbacks due to a nasty little "skateboarding accident" that Lisa had. By skateboarding accident I mean a spider bite that turned into a staph infection on her chin. Poor cousin ended up spending most of her time in urgent care and in bed with a system full of antibiotics and pain killers. Moral of the story... don't go to the hotsprings after being attacked by a spider. At least she got to rock some sweet bandages.

Aubrey got to meet cute little Macy who is a whole ten days older than her. I think they kinda liked each other.

Other highlights of the trip:
-Uncle Terry's Spanish rice.
-A Target spree with Aunt Patti. It's always fun to spend money you don't have.
-A brief outing to the mall. I have to give a shout out to my cousin Sean (a 21 year old male who really hates shopping) for driving me there and for standing in the obnoxiously long line at Old Navy for me while I tried on jackets.
-Quick visits with Patty, Buzz, Clint, Stacey, John, Olive & Leia.
-My first ever drink from Sonic, a Sticky Bun Dough Blast.
-This picture that happened by accident because the flash didn't go off. It's Lisa and I in the car (can't you tell?).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you think Lisa could look a little more like her mom?