while getting pelted with hail and entering the early stages of hypothermia. Seriously.
Note to self: check the weather before you decide to go rafting on a river.The beautiful sunny day quickly turned on us in a very mean way. Let me tell you, there is nothing fun about sitting in a bikini in a blow up boat on a freezing river with freezing rain pouring down on you. It is especially NOT fun when your body starts shaking violently and you've lost all feeling in your hands and feet which then start turning white. I'm just happy I had Tara in my boat who was able to row us the rest of the way because I couldn't even grab on to the oar. Josh and Zack were in intertubes and I still don't know how they made it. I didn't regain any feeling in my hands and feet until I took the longest hot shower of my life about an hour or so after we made it out. Talk about the worst pins and needles feeling EVER. We later made some well deserved cocktails and sat around and laughed super hard about the day we had.
2 comments:
Oh man! You never know when freak weather like that's going to pop up. It's beautiful up here today, and I just got done sun bathing in my bikini!
I wondered how it went! I was also in an intertube, but I guess my extra insulation kept me from shivering like you did. I was freezing and my skin was bright red, but I wasn't shivering. My feet were so numb at one point I was like, wow, this is probably how people drown. Glad we survived!
Post a Comment