Monday, December 06, 2010

Christmas Recital... Oh My.

Yesterday Aubrey danced in the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' recital for Marcia Sarosik's Dance Studio. She was so excited to get there until about 2 minutes before I parked and then she fell sound asleep. Oops... maybe we should have signed up for the earlier show. Anyhow, I let the car run for about 5 minutes in the Harrah's parking lot so she could get a quick cat nap but then it was time to wake her up so she could get her dance on.
Hangin' in the dressing room waiting for the show to start...

Stop taking pictures mom.
So I volunteered to help the kiddos get ready backstage and hang out with them during the show which basically involved taking many many trips to the bathroom. At one point I had a 3 year old lock herself in the bathroom stall. She seriously couldn't understand me when I was trying to tell her to turn the knob the other way. After a few minutes of trying to get her out of there I just had her crawl underneath the small opening at the bottom of the stall door with about 30 seconds to spare before their dance started. Thank goodness she was a tiny little thing.

Here's a video clip of the pre-schoolers doing their Rudolf number (Aubrey's 4th from the left & kind of hard to see during the first part of the song).



Celebrating in style after the show with her pretty pink flowers from Auntie Lisa.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

What a little starlet! Thanks for sharing. The pic in the car is too funny. I miss my god daughter.