Monday, October 22, 2007

Penelope & Jackie


Let me explain the heading for my blog up there, which is about to be changed, and introduce you to Penelope and Jackie. We'll start with Penelope. This is a name Josh gave me after watching the movie Club Dread and I guess it's sort of a term of endearment now. Perhaps the most important thing to not is that is not pronounced how it appears. The correct pronunciation is Pea- Nah- Loupe. This is the nick name I receive when I'm being nice and on my best behavior. Penelope is sweet and caring and giving and happy. We like Penelope around these parts. This is also the name on my beloved beach cruiser's license plate (which unfortunately was only ridden a few times this summer). Sorry Flo.


And now for Jackie. Jackie usually makes her appearance after too much tequilla or around once a month. Jackie yells and throws things and uses profanity. Most people don't like her. She is good for one thing though because she gets rid of whatever built up tension or anger I might have going on. We actually haven't seen Jackie around for a long time now. I think being a mom has mellowed me out. I'm hoping she's either gone for good (that's probably asking too much) or only makes very rare appearances from now on. I'm not crazy with multiple personality disorder or anything- I just like to blame my bad behavior on her so I don't feel too bad. Come on, I know everyone has a little Jackie in them.


So that's the story behind the title of my blog, but as I said I think it's about to change. Pea na loupe is always welcome but we don't need Jackie hanging around.

2 comments:

carole said...

Anyone who says they don't have any Jackie in 'em is lying through their teeth. Glad to hear it's more Penelope these days. Although, it'd be kinda fun to have too much tequila one day...

Anonymous said...

I probably know Jackie as well as anyone... I think Jackie really likes apple jacks and days of our lives, together.