Saturday, November 24, 2007

And We're Back

...from 8 fun filled days of traveling. Aubrey was a trooper and seemed to enjoy taking in all of the new experiences and meeting new friends and relatives. There's too much to talk about in one post and I'm tired from driving all day so I'll just start with the beginning of our trip and leave the rest for a later day. Our first stop was Aptos/ Santa Cruz area to visit Josh's best friend Tom and his fiance Rubayi. They live in a cute house just a few blocks from the ocean where Aubrey got to see the Pacific for her first time. That's a very important "first" in my book.

The second day was spent at the Montery Bay Aquarium and even though she's a little too young to really know what was going on she was diggin' the fish and cuddled her new otter while we strolled around. The aquarium was a fun outing but next time we won't be going on a Saturday. I guess I can't really complain about all the loud kids and babies that were there since I'm now one of those people pushing a stroller through crowds. At least my baby is the best looking one :)

I also got to check out Tara's new fabulous restored beach barn in Santa Cruz. This was my favorite part of the house (go figure)...
... and this is what lies at the end of her street. Not bad huh? Yes, I'm a little jealous :)

I love with this picture of Tara and her soul mate. I miss you already Tara and Arnie!


1 comment:

carole said...

I wanna visit Tara! Glad you had fun, it's important to teach children about the ocean, even if all they get is an awesome lake!