
Tomorrow morning we venture off on Aubrey's first road trip. We haven't had a vacation in a long while either so I'm pretty much excited. Our plans are sort of going in the "play it by ear" style. (What a wierd saying- it's meaning has nothing to do with 'playing' or with 'ears'. Whatever). Ok so the trip will involve heading to the Bay Area, Monterey Bay Aquarium, maybe some camping, meeting Great Grandparents in So Cal, and ultimately ending up in Bako for Thanksgiving. Can't wait for Aunt Patti's deviled eggs and for the midnight mall madness.
One little problem. After packing the baby's travel bed, diapers for a week, food, bottles & clothes I'm not sure how Josh and I will be able to fit any of our own stuff in the car. No wonder soccer mom's drive obnoxiously big SUV's and mini vans.
That sign was destroyed seconds later.
3 comments:
#1: I laughed out loud when I saw that first picture!
#2: Whether you are actually playing with your ears or not (no, that's personal, please don't answer) "Playing it by ear" is the steadfast rule if you would like to stay sane on a roadtrip with a child of that age. My aunt (who has 3 daughters) once told me that when she travelled, all bets were off, no one slept, no one ate. I've kept that in the back of my mind always.
#3: I wish I was there to enjoy Aunt Patti's deviled eggs with you...I have Aunt Hilary who makes deviled eggs, I bet they're equally as good :D
#4: Have tons of fun, you deserve it (All of you, say Hi to Josh and give Aubre big kisses for me)
too bad we won't also be visiting bakersfield!
we need to have endless soup night again. Also, what happened to the friend blogs?
Post a Comment