Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Today's Stroll

We just got back from a walk and here are a couple of random observations;

1) I can't believe how many people have disgusting rotting jack-o-lanterns still kickin' it on their front porches. Seriously, throw them away already! It's not hard to do. And I promise it will be easier then trying to deal with all the bugs and maggots that you'll have infesting your porch if you don't get rid of them soon. I don't even want to think about what your kitchen looks like.

2) Houses & yards are SO different from one to another in Tahoe. This certainly is no track home type of place with manicured lawns and identical neighboring homes. One house will have boxes full of who knows what laying around in the yard, the next will have a pretty little lawn with flowers and landscaping, the next will have 2 cars on blocks, the next will be adorned with tacky yard decor and so on. But for the most part I love them all because, well, that's what makes a Tahoe neighborhood. Sure makes things interesting to look at while walking.

1 comment:

carole said...

Well at least they actually carved jack-o-lanters, I have to give them credit for that. Unlike my pretty pumpkins just sitting around waiting to be pies...
That being said, I think we should get you some pink plastic flamingoes so your yard can really stand out! hahahaha