Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bass Lake

Aubrey and I just returned from a mini family reunion of sorts at Bass Lake. We piled in the car with my parents and my brother and met up with my dad's 2 sisters and their families (they rent a house at the lake every year). In case you're wondering, Bass Lake is about an hour outside of Yosemite and it's where they filmed that movie The Great Outdoors with John Candy. So anyways, we spent a couple days hanging with family, waterskiing and chillin' on the dock.

Aubrey prefers Glamour over her children's books.
She also had fun playing with Kiara (my cousin's daughter). I guess that means they're second cousins, right? Kiara's other little cousin came along too and she kept forgetting Aubrey's name so she just called her Oprah the whole time. How she got Oprah from Aubrey I'm not sure but I thought it was hilarious.

We tried swimming for the first time and she LOVED it. The water temperature was perfect there- too bad our own lake is so freakin' cold.

Unfortunately almost all of California is on fire right now so the air was pretty smokey but at least it made for golden sunsets.
We stopped in Yosemite for some quick hikes on the drive home. Again, the air wasn't too clear but it was still beautiful.

Aubrey and Uncle Scott getting their beauty rest.

And since I'm a picture posting fool... here's some shots from the "Opening Day of Summer" block party at Stateline last week.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, continue posting as many as you can

carole said...

That shot of the professor and Aubrey is priceless! You sure are getting some quality shots with that new birthday present. How bout farmer's market this week?