Sunday, January 30, 2011

Meyers Wine (& Food) Walk

Last night we had the 1st annual Meyers Wine Walk. It went a little something like this... 1st stop: my house for appetizers and well duh, wine.Then we layered up and headed on down the neighborhood. How adorable were the sparkling lemonade walkers/ cowboy partners?
2nd stop: Deb's house for soup & salad & of course more wine.
Then a little more walking in freezing temps. What a brilliant idea to plan a night walk in January huh? At least we made it home before all the snow came last night.3rd stop: Mackenzie & Josh's house for a grilled cheese sandwich bar, oh and more wine. Have you ever had a grilled cheese with brie, apples and honey on sourdough? YUM.
Elysa brought hair feathers so all the ladies got some hair bling.
Ok so then more walking took us to the 4th stop: Carson & Fawne's for Snuggler drinks, Heath Bar cheesecake and apple pie. Apparently I didn't take any pictures over there. I was too full to move at that point :)
Sounds like we're planning the next wine walk (or beach cruiser crawl) for sometime this summer. I love my neighborhood.

1 comment:

Ashlee.Francis.G6 said...

Oh that event was a huge success!!! I can't wait for the Summer Wine Walk, Mackenzie suggested a mojito walk but that sounds dangerous... Mackenzie get credit for the grilled cheese bar but I must say the Brie, Pear/Apple and Honey was my invention. I am glad you liked it :)